What does verification mean? It means that Facebook has verified the page to be authentically belonging to and managed by the person or business it lists. Blue verification badges denote profiles of celebrities, public figures, or brands that have been verified. Gray verification badges appear on profiles that have been verified as a company or business, and this is the badge that apartment communities are awarded.
To verify your page, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- From General, click Page Verification
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue
If you prefer to verify your Page with a business document, follow the steps above and click Verify this Page with Documents instead at the bottom left of the window that appears, then upload a picture of an official document showing your business’s name and address. You’ll then receive an email notification of your verification status within a few days.
The process is fast and simple, but beneficial. As always, if you need help or have questions on verifying your community on Facebook, we’re here.